Friday, January 08, 2010

Winter Nights


Dated: 8th January, 2010.


The winter sky is shorn of its feeble stars,
From yonder a Christmas song rings in my ears;
Crouched and beaten, I sit brooding in the snow,
Awaiting for the pink tinge in the sky to grow;
This perfidious time is too slow to pass by,
Even the birds await the Sun and dare not fly.
The chilly wind whistles, and moans so hard,
My mind, my heart, the streets - all are scarred.
Through the lonely night floats the lovely choir,
Alas! And how have I yearned for a mellow fire!
In this cruel hour, my rag is my only friend,
For I fear this night is never to end!
As I think of all the misery winter brings,
Oft I miss the green and the fairies of spring!
With the shy Sun oozes through the first light,

I vow to fight on through the next winter night!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bhalo likhechhis! Essence ta khub e sundor.